Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How to get in touch, more vague chapter 2 details

I learned a lot about blog and online writing promotion last night, having spent a lot of time doing research. I also found a lot of unique and interesting ways to interact with people online that I never knew existed.

It's going to take a lot of work but I'm hoping to connect with anyone who might be interested in this blog - I've been looking for groups of fiction writers who publish their work online, as well as any place that I might be able to get my writing criticized/critiqued. If you're reading this and you have any feelings positive or negative about my writing, have any advice to offer or ideas or suggestions, please feel free to email me at reviseyourself at yahoo dot com, DM me via twitter (@ZedBlog,) leave a comment here or get in touch by any other means you can devise.


I also did a bit of writing this morning. Chapter Two is slowly developing and should be ready later this week or this weekend. I have to make choices about the characters in this chapter and reveal their level of preparedness for dealing with zombies.. which I need to decide. Now that the characters will be interacting with zombies in upcoming chapters, I'll need to also make choices about the zombies themselves - how fast they move, how intelligent they are; what sort of mental and physical capabilities the zombies have will be influential on the whole plot line - methods of coping with zombies depend almost entirely on observation of the zombies themselves, and Jeff is going to discuss this.

I by no means intend to portray seasoned zombie slaying machines as my main characters - the compelling aspect of this genre for me is the survival in a new world and adaptation to circumstances outside of the characters' control. As we see in a lot of zombie movies and fiction, characters don't always make the right choices in dealing with zombies and there are consequences to such failures - how much my characters will succeed and how much they'll fail is going to be a mix I determine over time - the right mix, I hope, will lead to more compelling fiction.

Again, I'd love to hear from anyone I'm reaching, so please get in touch by any means possible!

1 comment:

  1. I like that you plan to explore the character development in your story as characters are the heart of a story. The introduction of repercussions to bad decisions will lend a gravitas to the story. This will play out nicely if the repercussions come much later than the decision to not only tie the story together, but provide foreshadowing and suspense. I like what I am hearing so far.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory