Saturday, February 27, 2010

Chapter 2 getting a lot of work into it

Writing of the second chapter of the story is going really well - I wrote for a while last night and have allotted some time today to do more. I know where I'm going with the plot, at least for now, and I have a good idea of what the characters are like.

I've been working on this chapter for longer than my first, unless I'm mistaken, so I expect it may be a bit longer than the first. I'm having fun writing this chapter and I don't think I'll cut myself short when I've reached the length of the first chapter. I'm looking forward to writing some more later on tonight, and may make another post after I've done so.

I'm going to be writing about the characters' interacting with zombies for the first time in this chapter, and I have been doing a lot of "research" to try to give my writing believability - I've been watching all of the George A. Romero zombie movies while I write and if I have the time I'm going to watch 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later. I'd love to be doing some zombie reading along with this movie watching, so I'm on the search as always for good zombie fiction, and would really welcome comments from anyone recommending any zombie literature.

SPOILER:
My characters will be trying to find someplace to hunker down and survive over the next few chapters, or the next couple at least, so I'll be getting to do some fun research and thinking into how characters would set up a stronghold against zombies. I'd also welcome any advice/comments/fun facts regarding this topic, as well - please be in touch if you think you have some unique ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory